Saturday, February 27, 2010

BucketList

Jackie visited a few weekends ago with one goal in mind: to get her first tattoo. After checking her "BucketList" she realized that she hadn't been chasing items on her list like she should. Her goals for the year: tattoo and skydiving. Unfortunately she wasn't able to get her tattoo (stupid tattoo shop was all booked up) but it made me realize I needed to give my BucketList another look. Anything to add? Edit? Cross off?

My SimpleBucketList: Go everywhere. See everything. Do everything.

But FFA taught me that goals need to be specific, measurable, and quantifiable and...um...I have a feeling my SimpleBucketList doesn't exactly follow those rules. So I created a MoreSpecificBucketList. It is PAGES long, and I'll spare you that, but I wanted to share a few things with you.

Accomplished:
Stage dive or crowd surf - at K-state football games.
See an erupting volcano - Volcan Arenal, Costa Rica.
Skydive - Static Line, Manhattan, KS.
Take my mom to Costa Rica - after graduating college, summer 2007.
Volunteer - Tampico, Mexico, summer 2005.
Go to Disney World - April 2008.
Attend a midnight movie premiere dressed up as a character in the movie - Pirates of the Caribbean 2.
Rescue cats - Leavenworth Animal Shelter, Summer 2006.
Make sure friends and family know how much I love them - everyday.


Recently Accomplished:
Make quilts for loved ones - Christmas 2009.
Get a massage - Thursday!
Start a blog - you're here, aren't you?

Not Yet Accomplished:
Take a random road trip.
Realize my childhood dream.
Storm chase a tornado.
Go up in a hot air balloon.
Scuba dive.
Relearn to play the cello.
Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.

I've tried to remember both the big and small things in life when making my list. It's one of those things that is ever changing as I am always discovering new places to go, new things to see, and new things to do.

How about you? Do you have a BucketList? What is on it? Have you marked anything off lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment