Monday, February 22, 2010

AC Treasure

Leprechauns have their little pots of gold at the end of the rainbow. Pirates have their stashes of booty. The British have their crown jewels. But what AC has is even better than all of those. My hometown has...


When I lived in AC, Jerry's Donut shop was pretty much everything. A special morning treat for my mom, sister, and me; how I survived those early morning FFA trips; my friends' and my favorite meal to gab over; and a high school classmate's wedding 'cake.' AC's box of gold is so much better than the more traditional treasures...we can eat ours!

Outsiders are always skeptical when we talk of the glory that is Jerry's (now Ike's - run by a classmate of mine). Yes, we understand that there are other Daylight Donuts in the area; yes, we realize there are other donut shops out there. But what they don't realize is how other donut shops can't hold a candle to ours. It only takes one visit to make them realize though...to realize that this...


...this is AWESOME! Be jealous...I had chocolate and maple longjohns for breakfast Sunday morning!

1 comment: