Saturday, February 20, 2010

At a Very Safe and Legal Speed

What does a 47 degree February late afternoon feel like at a very safe and legal speed* you ask...AMAZING! Especially when it's the first ride of the year.

Ponds are still frozen over. Snow is still piled up. Coats are still a necessity. And according to Punxsutawney Phil we still have many weeks of winter left. But Thursday we got a glimpse at the goodness that is to come. It was a beautiful day and to celebrate, Jacob pulled his motorcycle out of her hibernation. He picked me up from work and I nearly skipped out of the office I was so excited. I zipped my jacket, fastened my helmet strap, pulled on my gloves and we were on the road.

After such a cold and oppressive season, it was great to be out, to feel the freedom being on the back of the bike, to have that little reminder this winter will all be over soon enough.

*Text edited for the health and safety of my mom, grandma, and Jacob.

No comments:

Post a Comment