Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Daily Coyote & my cats

I have read Shreve's blogs for a few years now. Daily Coyote. Vespa Vagabond. I read the Daily Coyote book. Recently, I added Honey Rock Dawn to my GoogleReader.

In her words:

In 2005, I had plans to move from San Francisco back to New York City - plans that were derailed when I rode through Wyoming and fell in love with this place. I went on to New York, but a month later turned around, returned to Wyoming, and moved to the area where I had only spent one day.

After moving to Wyoming, she met Charlie:

Charlie is a wild-born coyote who was unexpectedly delivered to my doorstep in April 2007 after both his parents were shot for killing sheep. Whatever reservations I had about raising a wild animal simply didn’t matter - couldn’t matter - when I realized his survival, at least in the short term, depended on me.

Charlie rides in my truck, walks on a leash, and adores the cat and his hound-dog sister. Though we’ve been together for three years, I don’t call him my pet. He’s more like my co-pilot. I don’t wish to own him, just to live together in harmony. And that we do.

It's so amazing to see her photography & learn about how her life is now so incredibly different from anything she could have imagined.

As I was checking in on her & the 'farmily' today, I saw this video on The Daily Coyote.

The Daily Coyote - Good Morning! from daily coyote on Vimeo.

Seaton & Avey perked up trying to figure out where the commotion was coming from. Jackson came running in from the bedroom to check on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment