Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Good Folks Quilt

As a Christmas gift, I got a set of AMH fat quarters (thank you, Jacob). I don't know what it is about the Good Folks collection, but I really love this fabric!

After working on projects for others lately (& with this ridiculous cold weather), I am anxious to begin making a big comfy blanket for my living room with this fabric. Because I want such a large blanket & because the patterns in the collection are so bold, I want to keep my pieces large. I was browsing through flickr.com & found this quilt (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ahall/4026281132/) as my inspiration.


Like my inspiration quilt (that is also made out of the AMH Good Folks collection), I plan on using some entire fat quarters, but I also want to incorporate smaller pieces.

With this quilt I am having a rough time determining the placement of each piece. It is entirely too big to put on my felt wall so I guess I'll just have to move furniture & lay it out on the floor. Of course I have made an Excel spreadsheet to create my pattern & of course I have copied pictures of each fabric into that spreadsheet so that I can get an idea of what the finished product will look like (of course I have), but I'm not yet satisfied with it. Hopefully by this weekend some inspiration will hit me so that I have major progress to report next week!

1 comment:

  1. I love the layout of this new quilt. Its very 2010 and less 1800 like many of the smaller patterns tend to be....I LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete