Saturday, April 10, 2010

See Kate Pin. Pin Kate Pin.

First of all, the big news: the Singer is working again! I don't know what was wrong with it & so long as it doesn't happen again, I don't care what was wrong. I'm just glad to have him back.
I spent today with Mom, Momo, & Papa working my tail off to finish Kasie's bag. What a great way to spend a Saturday!

Momo taught me a valuable lesson today: the importance of pinning. I'm not a pinner when I sew. Yeah, I've read about the importance of it, but I'm just too lazy to do it I guess. I began working & was able to get almost the entire bag done without any problems. When it came time to close the top of the bag (stitch the top inside & outside layers together) the fabric started to bunch up a little on me. Thankfully, I had my talented Momo there to help me. With the help of some skillful pinning, we were able to complete the bag with no evidence of bunching!


Kasie's bag was the best bag I've put together yet & it's great to see how I'm improving!

No comments:

Post a Comment